Bank Financial Services Representative - Conroe
Banking client is in need of a Financial Services Representative for their Conroe branch! This is a direct hire opportunity. The FSR is responsible for developing, expanding and retaining client relationships and achieving quality referrals that ensure the overall vision of the Bank is achieved and maintained to the satisfaction of employees, shareholders and customers. Accepts and opens new customer relationships and accounts and proactively refers clients to appropriate sales or service staff.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years banking experience required. Completion of banking courses encouraged.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Possess the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest and percentages. The ability to apply basic concepts of mathematics is required.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments.
- Possess the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Be able to write routine reports and correspondence that is professional in appearance and grammatically correct. Possess the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets clients and establishes a quality service environment by displaying a friendly and courteous attitude and using the customer's name at least once during the conversation.
- Services clients by accepting and opening new customer/account relationships with accuracy and within policy guidelines (e.G. Customer information, deposits, withdrawals, payments, check orders, account maintenance, etc.)
- Explains account and transaction policies and procedures to clients. Solicits assistance from supervisor as needed.
- Obtains supervisory approval for transactions outside authorized limit.
- Refers large withdraws and account closures to sales staff for retention efforts.
- Actively seeks out and maintains basic product knowledge of all banking products. This knowledge may be obtained through training courses, branch meetings, corporate communications, etc.
- Looks for opportunities to promote the Bank, identifies sales opportunities and makes referrals to appropriate sales staff
- Encourages the use of alternate delivery systems such as ATM, Debit Card, Telephone Banking Center, and Online Banking.
- Safeguards the bank s risk exposure by following the bank s CIP, BSA and High Risk Customer procedures
- Promptly notifies management of suspicious or questionable transactions.
- Promptly and accurately completes all bank and government forms (CTR, SAR, Enhanced Due Diligence, CIP, etc.).
- Maintains dual control and adheres to all security policies and procedures at all times.
- Performs daily branch operational procedures, including, but not limited, the balancing of ATM and/or Vault, scanning of documents and proof work, opening and closing of bank lobby.
- Maintains professional appearance and conduct within the guidelines set forth in the Bank s Employee Handbook.
- If applicable, allows entry of safe deposit box holders (accurately maintains entry card if applicable).
- Assists relationship officers on customer calls to cultivate new account relationships.
- Maintains the lead role in new accounts by maintaining policy exceptions, filing standards and legal account titling and documentation.
- Assists customers with account questions as necessary
- Interact positively with other branches and departments of the Bank to achieve a teamwork environment by maintaining excellent internal customer service.
- Assist in teaching less experienced bankers at the Bank to ensure quality growth and customer service.