Bank Lending Assistant - Spring Branch
Banking client in the Spring Branch area is seeking a Lending Assistant to service commercial and consumer customers. This is a direct hire opportunity. The successful candidate must have the ability to multi-task daily activities to allow officers the ability to conduct prospect and referral calls and maintain Bank relationships. Assist officers in processing new loan requests and renewals along with portfolio maintenance. Assist customers and cross sell other bank services. Strong organizational skills and previous lending administration experience desired.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a commercial lending environment, and knowledge of both lending and operational functions within the Bank.
- Previous Horizon experience is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial, consumer and real estate loan documentation.
- Expertise in the perfection of security interest through collateral documentation.
- Extensive loan closing knowledge including commercial loans, commercial real estate loans, single family real estate loans, letters of credit and consumer loans.
- Working knowledge of lending regulations including but not limited to the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Truth in Lending, Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to present oneself in a professional manner.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment.
- Solid time management, sound judgment and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent level of customer service.
- Knowledge of BSA and CIP requirements is a must both at industry level and within bank's guidelines.
- Understanding of industry regulations and their requirements.
- Adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Must possess good work ethics and a steady work history.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook software systems.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Assist Lenders with new business opportunities including loans, opening new accounts, and setting up treasury services.
- Respond to customer inquiries on a wide range of Bank services such as account transactions, Money Market & CD rates, loan status inquiries, Treasury Services and new account requirements.
- Assist Lenders with servicing loan portfolios which includes gathering data from clients and preparing loan worksheet approval for new loans and renewed loans for officer approval. Contact customers on past due loans.
- Coordinate real estate loan closings which include taking application, preparing attorney instructions, ordering title commitment/lien search, ordering flood determination and ordering appraisal.
- Review insufficient funds report on a daily basis and contact customers as well as prepare transfers or loan advances to cover insufficient accounts.
- Prepare loan advances, pay downs, stop payments, internal transfers and domestic and international wire transfers at customers request.
- Research loan collateral, credit and new account exceptions and take necessary actions to clear.
- Pull Credit reports & prepare credit denials for Credit department review. Pull loan reports weekly and at month end for officer.
- Notarize documents.
- Interact positively with other departments and offices of the Bank to achieve a teamwork environment by maintaining external and internal customer service.
- Set personal goals and image that produce positive results for the Bank.
- Maintain compliance with Bank policies, procedures and federal and state regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Office working conditions.
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities to aid in their ability to perform the essential functions.