Bank Teller - Liberty
Banking client is in need of a Teller for their branch in Liberty! This is a direct-hire opportunity. The successful Teller candidate will be responsible for providing outstanding service to bank customers by conducting appropriate transactions and meeting the needs of the customers by referring them to the appropriate departments in the bank. Weekends off!
- Minimum of 6 months of recent Teller experience in a banking institution
- High School diploma or GED
- Strong customer service skills
- 10-key calculator and computer keyboard by touch
- Must be detail oriented
- Must have good communication skills
- Receive checking and savings deposits, verify cash and endorsements, request and verify proper identification for cash back, and issue receipts of deposit.
- Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete Hold Notices as necessary.
- Process savings withdrawals.
- Identify counterfeit currency.
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service changes, and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
- Cross-sell bank products and services.
- Refer customers to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line.
- Count and roll loose coins.
- Issue personal money orders and cashier s checks, accept orders and payment for U.S. Savings Bonds, and sell travelers checks.
- Accept and verify loan payments and issue receipts.
- Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring the teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
- Ensure teller station is properly supplied.
- Balance drawer daily.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures.