Bilingual Credit Union FSR
Galena Park, TX
Credit Union is seeking an outgoing Financial Service Representative. This is a direct hire opportunity. The Financial Service Representative (FSR) works with existing credit union membership and solicits new members to utilize various credit union products and services and assists members through the lending process. The ideal candidate will have proven success in meeting loan goals, can analyze and understand debt to income ratio and book loans. Must speak Spanish, be upbeat & sales-driven. Incentives are available!
Desired Experience & Skills:
- 1 to 2 years experience as loan officer/personal banker/financial services representative
- Bilingual (Spanish) required
- Banking or credit union experience preferred
- Minimum of six months of sales or retail customer service experience
- High School education or GED
- Knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations and requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Focus on serving the member and always acting with the member in mind
- Interview loan applicants, assist members with loan application process to ensure completeness of information, explain the loan process to members, including loan options, insurance on loan products, loan policies, interest rates, payoff, etc.
- Process consumer loans and sets up date and time to close the loan and make disbursements.
- Answer member lending questions and provide current loan rates.
- Provide information on investment alternatives to members wishing to deposit funds with the credit union.
- Research accounts for deposit, withdrawal, and loan payment discrepancies, and assist members in balancing their accounts.
- Provide friendly, professional and personal service to all members and visitors.
- Provide general and service related information concerning credit union services or policies, and respond to member requests, problems or complaints, or direct them to the appropriate person for assistance.
- Maintain current knowledge of all credit union products, services, and offerings.
- Perform credit counseling for all new members and any members that request this service.
- Maintain knowledge of and comply with all applicable rules and regulations required within the scope of duties, including, but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act.
- Support the credit union s focus on member service and sales. This position will have sales goals and expectations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.