Credit Union Business Development Specialist
Sugar Land, TX
Credit union is looking for a Community & Business Development Specialist! This is a contract-to-hire opportunity. The Community & Business Development Specialist is experienced in developing initiatives to attract new members, enhance existing relationships and build awareness of the credit union among business partners, community partners, existing members and potential members within the defined communities.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in relevant field).
- Must be computer literate, proficient in Word and Adobe with excellent communication skills. HTML programming is a plus.
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements to this job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for the purpose of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for several hours at a time. Must be able to lift 30 pounds of material.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs advertising and marketing initiatives primarily for business and community partners and defined communities. Develops advertising programs and collateral materials within budget, timely and accurately.
- Works with sponsor groups, promotes credit union to employees. Coordinates special events, monitors planning, schedules and implements proper execution of events.
- Maintains social media pages such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram by posting promotions, community and business functions, trivia, financial tips, quotes, holiday information and other various postings to have a presence.
- Manages budget and keeps record of expense for Marketing Department. Updates weekly and monthly rate sheets that go out to staff and update the credit union s website with current rates.
- Deliver planned results accurately, timely, and within budget guidelines. Provide friendly, prompt, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Credit Union s products and services.
- To work with management team in supporting public relations, business and community involvement efforts and deliver planned results within budget.
- Conduct onsite visits and ensure marketing and communication efforts are accurate.