Credit Union Loan Officer - North Houston
Credit union in North Houston is seeking a Loan Officer/Processor! This is a contract-to-hire OR direct hire opportunity depending on the candidate. Loan Officers work in the branch and are responsible for offering and selling financial products and services to members. Loan Officers are the financial liaison to members for building, deepening, and retaining long-term relationships while providing world class customer service. The ideal candidate will possess a bubbly personality, previous sales and lending/underwriting experience (preferably in a financial institution). $17-18/hr depending on experience + monthly incentives!
- Successful sales track record in a credit union environment
- Ability to promote sales of credit and loan service and complete credit and loan documentation
- Demonstrated leadership and assertiveness
- Bilingual Spanish (fluent verbal and written) skills is a plus
- Proficient with all Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel etc.)
- Minimum of one year successful sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment or in a sales-goal environment with defined goals and accountabilities where you met or exceeded those goals
- Skilled in optimizing sales opportunities to existing and walk-in customers
- Ability to generate new business by outbound calling and by reaching out to the local community
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with exceptional influencing skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and with customers.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to derive innovative solutions.
- Demonstrate problem-solving, teamwork abilities and ability to be proactive
- Meeting and exceeding sales and customer/client service goals with the utmost of accuracy and highest ethical standards.
- Selling financial products (e.G. Credit Cards, CD's IRA's, Loans).
- Opening deposit accounts and taking loan applications.
- Responding to customer inquiries and concerns and creating positive solutions.
- Recognizing and referring cross-sell opportunities.
- Performing daily/weekly sales reporting.
- Interviewing and processing consumer loan/credit line requests for customers, and obtaining referrals from loan customers.
- Quoting rates, terms and programs for loan customer requests.
- Supporting other sales associates as needed.
- May be required to work Saturdays and or extended hours as needed.