Credit Union Mortgage Consultant
Credit union client is seeking a Mortgage Consultant. This is a direct hire opportunity. The Mortgage Consultant conducts initial pre-qualification interviews and prepares complete loan application packages and necessary documentation. Conveys policies for extension of credit in accordance with Credit Union and secondary investor guidelines, and/or as directed by the Real Estate Management. Meets Mortgage Loan scheduling and documentation requirements, and production expectations as determined by department Managers. Serves members, prospective members, builders, developers, and Realtors promptly and professionally. Provides general Credit Union information and cross-sells services. Assists other Mortgage personnel as necessary. Has the responsibility to project a friendly, courteous and professional credit union attitude while aiding the members with their financial needs.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent, additional coursework in Real Estate field preferred or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years of sales and customer focus and satisfaction experience or related experience
- Real Estate loan origination experience preferred
- Knowledge of software such as Mortnet Plus, Calyx, Focus XP and Microsoft Office Suite
- PC/Keyboarding experience
- Pleasant and professional front office appearance
- Enjoys working with the public using a courteous approach
- Attentive in recognizing problem situations
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Good verbal and written skills
- Flexible & Organized
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional completion of assigned loan origination functions.
- Interviews, takes applications, and processes preliminary documentation on loan requests. Discusses loan alternatives, credit criteria, interest rates, and loan documentation in such a manner as to elicit positive responses from members.
- Performs follow-up work as necessary to achieve conditional approval within established time frames and guidelines.
- Notifies member if loan is referred back to a Loan Officer because of problem ratios or credit ratings. Acts as the Loan officer to interpret the initial decision of a loan and reviews all initial loan documents to support that decision.
- Advises members of loan approval or denial. Explains loan denials precisely and clearly to members.
- Advises the member of appraisals, credit reports, and title reports that will need to be obtained along with any cost associated with these orders. Logs dollar amounts received (if any) and advises member that verification will occur on member s employment, salary, assets, and liabilities.
- Resolves, within pre-determined guidelines, loan application problems. Assists applicants with addressing credit reports problems, low appraisals, low salary levels, and high debt ratios. Seeks Management input and decision when necessary.
- Answers member loan questions and requests regarding applications, in the process of approval.
- Keeps members and realtors properly informed of Credit Union policies and procedures. Notifies members of additional information.
- Advises members in accordance with Credit Union policies and procedures regarding money management and financial matters. Counsels members whose loan requests were denied, explaining reasons and alternatives.
- Coordinates functions with related departments and Branches and provides support as needed.
- Participates in offered training and stays informed regarding changes in lending standards, related legal requirements, and trends in local real estate and competitive market. Seeks supervisory expertise when necessary.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees, as well as, credit union seminars or any other related functions as required. Participates in set up of meetings as directed.
- Performs duties relating to the Bank Secrecy Act including monitoring for and reporting suspicious activity to appropriate personnel.
- Completes the required level of in-house certifications and training, including the annual Bank Secrecy Act course.
- Maintains current eligible status on the Mortgage Loan Officer designation through NMLS (National Mortgage Licensing System). Reports any abnormal situations regarding designation to supervisor.
- Required to work Saturdays as scheduled.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.