Credit Union Outbound Call Center Sales Representative
Credit union in South Houston is seeking an Outbound Call Center Sales Representative! This is a direct hire opportunity. The Outbound Sales Rep offers and delivers an exceptional level of member service and actively sells the Credit Union s products and services to ensure predetermined organizational and individual goals are met. Ideal candidates will have previous financial call center and cross-selling experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Two years of similar or related experience in a banking or financial call center.
- Cross-selling/sales experience is required
- Equivalent to a high school education.
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
- Able to operate a 10-key calculator, typewriter, and computer keyboard.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To offer products and services in an outbound call environment deepening the relationship of new and existing members. Leads will be provided.
- Assess members needs and recommend appropriate deposit, loan, investment, insurance, electronic or other products and services of the Credit Union.
- May open new accounts, which includes savings, checking, money market, certificate of deposits and IRAs.
- Identifies and acts on product and sales opportunities consistent with established sales standards/objectives.
- Primary focus on loans and deposit products. Utilizes credit reports and looks for opportunities to capture additional business.
- To work as a team member in completing department goals.
- Work in partnership with branches and other departments to meet the expectations of the member service and sales culture.
- Responds to and resolves all sales and service related issues in a timely manner.
- Stays abreast of all credit union products and services.
- To meet or exceed budgeted operating and growth plan; maintain/improve the financial stability of the Credit Union.
- To provide friendly, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
- To keep management informed regarding key operating issues affecting the branch.
- To develop and maintain business partner relationships within the Credit Union.
- To maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
- Expand member relationship by determining member needs for other products and services/cross sell as appropriate to meet credit union goals and individual goals.
- To be able to relate effectively with others. Understanding how to approach or respond to individuals based on their personal style.