Floater Credit Union MSR - Sugar Land
Sugar Land, TX
Credit Union in Sugar Land is seeking a Floater Member Services Representative for the area. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity. Ideal candidates will be responsible, detailed and possess some experience in consumer lending or processing. The MSR assists members and potential members with their Credit Union needs, explains services, sets up new accounts, and interviews, processes and determines loan requests and makes credit decisions. Will have some lending authority.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Six months to two years of similar or related experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent analytical, communication, and computer skills
- Spanish bi-lingual candidates preferred but not required
- Able to multi-task and work independently
- Must be accurate with numbers and names.
- Assists members with opening and closing all types of accounts, processes wire requests, answers questions about products and services offered by the Credit Union.
- Interviews member loan applicants to develop information concerning their loan needs, earnings and financial conditions
- Explains loan programs to members
- Evaluates their needs and recommends loan options
- Processes and analyzes current financial position of members to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit
- Makes decisions to approve based on lending policy within parameters of lending authority or forwards to higher authority or credit committee
- Prepares loan documents, funds and closes loan with member explaining terms and conditions
- Offers members auxiliary products
- Meet or exceed referral and insurance product goals
- Prepare loan documents accurately and in accordance with policies and guidelines
- Ensure loan documentation is accurate and includes all information needed to decision loan
- Meet the referral goal each month
- Meet or exceed insurance product goals monthly
- Provide informed and professional assistance to all members and associates