Bilingual Credit Union Call Center Representative
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Credit Union client in Sugar Land is looking for an energetic person, with excellent communication skills to assist members and potential members with their telephone, email, fax and internet requests. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity. Ideal candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule. Pay is $13-14/hr. Candidate must be knowledgeable about services and products that can be offered to members/consumers and be able to explain how these services and products can enhance or protect financial livelihoods. This position requires an ability to respond to problems and directs phone calls to the appropriate area and provides information for employees.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- A high school education or GED.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
- Good listening and telephone skills; able to operate a 10-key calculator, typewriter, and computer keyboard; able to make decisions with minimum information.
- To provide accurate, courteous, friendly, timely, and professional service to all members and potential members.
- Answering telephone immediately and responding to correspondence within 1 working day.
- To accurately and effectively troubleshoot or direct all calls.
- To process member transactions with minimal errors.
- To provide accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to all employees.
- To add to and maintain knowledge of all new products, services, policies and procedures to ensure remain compliant with all regulations.
- To accurately process wires requests following established procedures and meeting deadlines while limiting risk exposure.
- To maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
- To maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.